Monday, February 05, 2007

LISTEN WITHOUT DISTRACTION - A TRIBUTE TO KYUSS

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a great tribute! I admit, it took some time for a few of the covers to grow on me, but over time I came to respect the effort of every band featured on this CD. If you don't think the idea of 16 Argentinean bands covering KYUSS classics sounds like a good one, I understand your skepticism, but I also know you'll probably change your mind about 20 seconds into CYGNUS' rendition of "Thumb". Highlights? Definitely CRUZDIABLO's merging of "100 Degrees" and "Whitewater", as well as SAURON's "Phototropic". SENDERO LUMINOSO's acoustic slant on "Love Has Passed Me By" is very interesting. Of course, another highlight is the extensive liner notes, penned by the one and only Scott Reeder, but in order to read those you'll need to order your own copy at stonerrock.com.

Before I gush any further, I'll just say that if you enjoy tribute albums, I think this is exactly the tribute album for the G.O.M.E. faithful. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the "comments" section and let us know.

1. CYGNUS - Thumb
2. AVERNAL - Green Machine
3. MELISSA - One Inch Man
4. SENDERO LUMINOSO - Love Has Passed Me By
5. TAURA - Writhe
6. LOS NATAS - Allen's Wrench
7. BUFFALO - Odyssey
8. CRUZDIABLO - 100 Degrees/Whitewater
9. SUPEREXTRA - Space Cadet
10. SAURON - Phototropic
11. SICK PORKY - Demon Cleaner
12. SEREEN - Supa Scoopa & Mighty Scoop
13. SUNFERNO - Gardenia
14. POSEIDOTICA - Asteroid
15. REGULAR XON - El Rodeo
16. GALLO DE RINA - Spaceship Landing

DOWNLOAD

No comments: