Friday, March 02, 2007

GREENLEAF - REVOLUTION ROCK (2003)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
C'mon, you know G.O.M.E. has to put its spotlight on a band called GREENLEAF at least once! Seriously, though, this album kicks ass. These guys have definitely sipped (smoked?) from the chalice of KYUSS with their feet firmly planted in the '70s. What is it about Sweden that enables it to field such stoner heavyweights as GRAND MAGUS, SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, GREENLEAF, and countless others? Revolution Rock is an unsung gem. One highlight in particular for me is the production itself. The requisite fuzzed-out guitars are present and accounted for, but the recording is mixed to showcase the organ as well (in true '70s fashion). The swirling organ becomes part of what carries the songs, rather than simple accompaniment. Highly recommended to fans of all drugged-out heavy psychedelia.

1. Vat 69
2. Devil Woman
3. Status: Hallucinogenic Phase II
4. You Got Me High
5. Red Tab
6. Shipbuilder
7. Electric Ryder
8. Hexagram
9. Monostereowhatever

DOWNLOAD

1 comment:

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hell yeah! I'm digging this album! Thanks for sharing.

I'm trying to think of something I might turn you on to that maybe you haven't heard before... But I imagine that's a tough task, as I sense you have a very deep collection.

How about ROACHPOWDER? You familiar with them? If not, let me know and I'll upload some for you...