Friday, March 02, 2007

DESERT SESSIONS - VOLUMES 5 & 6 (1999)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
If you're here on purpose, you already know THE DESERT SESSIONS. These volumes are noteworthy for a couple of reasons: For starters, Nick Oliveri somehow twisted Josh Homme's arm and convinced him to include THE DWARVES. Of course, the usual suspects abound (Josh, Nick, Brant Bjork, Mario Lalli, Fred Drake, Dave Catching, etc.). Second of all, while "Millionaire" obviously made it on to Songs for the Deaf, that's not the only preview of what was to come. MONDO GENERATOR included "I'm Dead" on A Drug Problem That Never Existed, though it's entitled "Day I Die". Others have popped up randomly during QOTSA and MONDO GENERATOR sets. More of the same, yeah, but also damn good.

1. You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire
2. Letters to Mommy
3. I'm Dead
4. Punk Rock Caveman Living in a Prehistoric Age
5. Going to a Hanging
6. A#1
7. Like a Drug
8. Take Me to Your Leader
9. Teens of Thailand
10. Rickshaw
11. Like a Drug [instrumental]

DOWNLOAD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Volume 5 & 6 really has something for everyone. The hypnotic robot rock of rickshaw, the down right dirty A#1, the late night pitter-patter of like a drug and the ball busting punk rock caveman. Best desert sessions ever.

Big Jack said...

Best one, huh? It's damn close. I think I prefer the first installment, but this is easily 1B.

Shart said...

God dammit, Teens of Thailand has been one of my favorites since I first heard it. Pure rock.

Anonymous said...

A great big thanks for this awesome release!