Monday, March 12, 2007

EYEHATEGOD - TAKE AS NEEDED FOR PAIN (1993)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If you're checking G.O.M.E., you probably already have this, but if not, here's a southern stoner/sludge classic. Honestly, it took me a long time to really get into EYEHATEGOD. My first exposure to them was 1996's Dopesick, and while that one eventually grew on me, it's still not my favorite. I dig this one a lot. Strong MELVINS influence, sick vocals, deep CROWBAR-esque grooves...the whole package. Take as Needed for Pain was reissued last summer, digitally remastered with six bonus tracks.

1. Blank
2. Sister Fucker, Pt. 1
3. Shoplift
4. White Nigger (G.O.M.E. note: these lyrics DENOUNCE, rather than condone, racism)
5. 30$ Bag
6. Disturbance
7. Take as Needed for Pain
8. Sister Fucker, Pt. 2
9. Crimes Against Skin
10. Kill Your Boss
11. Who Gave Her the Roses
12. Laugh It Off

DOWNLOAD

No comments: