Sunday, January 27, 2008

THROTTLEROD - STARVE THE DEAD [EP] (2005)

Photobucket
First off, I believe Cheeto & Co. have posted the entire THROTTLEROD discography over at The Sludge Swamp, so if you want to check out some of this band's heavier stuff, you know where to go. That said, you all know how much I love heavy music, and I've gotta say that I'm not a huge fan of any THROTTLEROD release other than this one. Starve the Dead is an EP akin to ALICE IN CHAINS' Sap or Jar of Flies, featuring more melodic and mellow songwriting...stuff that would sound out of place on the band's more rockin' LPs. The band's usual fare isn't bad, just unremarkable. At least to me. Regardless, Starve the Dead is an incredible EP, and "Borrowed Chair" in itself is worth your download effort.

1. Borrowed Chair
2. Long Winded Train
3. Starve the Dead
4. Steal the End
5. This Town

DOWNLOAD

No comments: