Thursday, February 07, 2008

FAITH NO MORE - LIVE IN LIBOURNE (1990)

Photobucket
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times - As go Big Jack's moods, so goes G.O.M.E. A lot of you already know that Mike Patton is one of my all-time favorite vocalists, and that FAITH NO MORE is one of my all-time favorite bands. Those of you involved with The Elevator Sessions know that my all-time favorite song, "Zombie Eaters", happens to be a FAITH NO MORE tune (I warn you in advance, you'll not find the definitive version here). That said, here's a FNM set from 1990, recorded live (soundboard) in Libourne, France. I think fans will find a lot to enjoy here, even if Mike Patton was still learning how to use his voice in live performance, as opposed to the studio. He tanks numerous times, and the band itself butchers my all-time favorite song (but they wrote it, so I guess I can let 'em slide). Still, there's a lot to like. Billy Gould's bass never sounded tighter, and how many groups have you heard cover a Nestle's commercial (check the intro to "Surprise! You're Dead!")? This set is the sound of a band still cutting its proverbial teeth, figuring out what works and what doesn't, while keeping their sets interesting and entertaining. In my opinion, FAITH NO MORE hit their stride with Angel Dust, and became an excellent live band, as well as in the studio. This boot focuses on The Real Thing, and the set is very much like the record: uneven, schizophrenic, a little sloppy...but ultimately enjoyable.

1. From out of Nowhere
2. Introduce Yourself
3. The Real Thing/Underwater Love
4. Zombie Eaters
5. Edge of the World
6. Chinese Arithmetic
7. We Care a Lot
8. Surprise! You're Dead!
9. Epic
10. Woodpecker from Mars
11. Easy

DOWNLOAD

3 comments:

Mike Mannix said...

Great blog. Nice to see an older FnM set up there. What is the name of the radio you have on your page? I've been using MediaMatch and am very unhappy. post here or email.

teachforjustice@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Nice album! Thanks for that.

San Benito said...

Man, thanks for the music. I come to your blog every fucking days for recomendations.

One thing, the link for "Lid - In the mushroom" must be deleted. If you can, please recompose the link!.

Greetings for Argentina, the land of Natas, Dragonauta, Taura, etc =P